Here are the TOP TWO tips to choose the right buyer specialist for you:
- Research - Social proof is everywhere. Check out their reviews on Zillow. Check out what their website looks like. Do research BEFORE you start looking for a home. Why leave it to chance who you use when you are making possibly the biggest financial investment of your life?
- Interview - Have a phone call. Get face-to-face. Make sure this is someone you feel comfortable with and who you believe will place your needs first.
Here are some important questions to ask the agent, but don't forget - trust your gut!
If I hire you as my buyer’s agent will I be subjected to any additional costs in my transaction? How will you be compensated?
A: GREAT NEWS HERE! You will never pay us to represent you as buyers of a home. We get paid by the seller at a commission determined between them and the listing agent at the time they list the home. This is reason #1 to have your own buyer specialist working for you. We don't get paid until closing and we only get to closing if we find you a home you love and take care of you through the process.
Can you share the names and contact details for past buyers who will highly recommend you?
A: This is very easy to ask for and many agents have this readily available on their website as social proof.
Experience and Credentials
How long have you been a real estate agent? How many buyers did you help buy a home last year?
A: Our team has experienced agents, with credentials ranging from ABR® (Accredited Buyers Representative), CNE® (Certified Negotiation Expert), and ALHS® (Accredited Luxury Home Specialist). Also, remember that all agents start somewhere. At The Gosselin Group, our buyer specialists engage in daily training and coaching in order to perfect their skills for working with buyers.
How does the team work?
A: Check out this lead flow:
- One of our inside sales associates will be your first point of contact if you find us online. They will contact you to get more information so that when your information is transferred, the assigned agent will already know what you are looking for so you don't have to explain it again.
- Caroline, the team leader will review the notes and then assign you one of our valued buyer specialists who will work with you throughout the transaction.
- If you have a home to sell first, Caroline Gosselin, our Team Leader and Head Listing Specialist will be in touch to discuss how we can handle both transactions seamlessly.
- Your assigned buyer specialist will contact you via text or phone to follow up on the first conversation and also to dig deep into what you are really looking for in a home.
- If you are not ready to buy in the next three months, you will hear from our Director of Client Development, who will keep in touch periodically with you until you are ready to move forward.
- When you do choose to make an offer, your file goes to our Transaction Coordinator, Crystal Harrington, who takes care of all of the paperwork and sends it to you to sign electronically through our secure Docusign platform. If you have any questions at all, your buyer specialist will be right there to answer you.
- Crystal keeps your transaction on task by staying in touch with both attorneys, the title company, your lender, and more to make sure that we are meeting all of the dates put forth in the signed contract of sale. When you work with The Gosselin Group, you work with a team of dedicated professionals who are ALL working together to make the process as seamless as possible.
Please explain what you do to help me at each stage of the transaction.
A: We at The Gosselin Group are there for you at EVERY step of the transaction. We search for homes that suit your needs while you are sleeping or with your family. We take you to see homes that have a high potential of being the one. We find THE ONE and write up the offer for you. Once the offer is accepted, we recommend the best attorneys and inspectors to help you. We communicate with the attorney daily. We are there at the home inspection with you to assist and add more value. We work with the attorney to help during negotiations on any inspection issues that come up. We work with your mortgage provider to make sure we stay on track for closing. We give you a list of providers to assist you if we need estimates or if you need work done after closing. We are with you at the closing to hand you the keys to your NEW HOME! We check in on you after closing and make sure we help you with anything you need. We always want to be a resource for you before, during and after the sale.
Will you counsel me on a negotiating strategy and appropriate contingencies? How will you package my offer to the seller?
A: YES. We help you analyze the comparable sales and the market trends so that YOU can make the best decision for YOU on the best offer price. When we write up an offer for you, we go the extra mile by presenting a cover letter expressing what you love about the home in an effort to connect with the seller. Our team leader and trainer, Caroline Gosselin, has a background in international affairs and is a CNE® (Certified Negotiation Expert), so when it is time to negotiate, you have a team in your corner who understands the science of negotiation. The Gosselin Group understands that every transaction has a different strategy for success.
This is a HUGE decision in your life. Take the time to do the research, speak to agents one-on-one, and ask questions until you feel that you have found an agent working for you who will represent you and your best interests at all times. We at The Gosselin Group are constantly modernizing and optimizing the real estate process with your best interests at heart.
The Gosselin Group has agents who work as buyer specialists full-time. Their role on the team is to work with our buyers and make sure their needs are fully met.
Contact us today to schedule a FREE Buyer's Strategy Session to go over what you are looking for and to answer any questions you have.
Meet our Buyer Agents!
Born and raised in Montclair, New Jersey, Pierce Conway began his journey in real estate i...
Originally from Suriname, a Dutch colony in South America, Frances Barrow-Lewis cam...
Jonathan (Jon) Citron was born and raised in Maplewood and South Orange, NJ. He graduated ...