Renovated Colonial in Heart of South Orange
This perfectly renovated side-hall Colonial is waiting for you, just minutes from the heart of South Orange Village and NYC Train Station.
As you enter through the welcoming front porch, you’ll immediately notice the charming built-in cubby under the stairs, gleaming refinished hardwood floors, fresh interior paint, lovely crown molding and new light fixtures throughout the home.
With 5 bedrooms and 2 full baths, there’s plenty of room for everyone!!
The 1st floor offers a spacious living room with French doors opening to a lovely sunroom with built-in shelves.
The formal dining room, with a beautiful exposed brick chimney and large bay window overlooking the backyard, is perfect for get-togethers with friends and family.
The remodeled eat-in kitchen has a breakfast counter that seats 4, stainless steel appliances, new flooring. plenty of cabinet space, a pantry for more storage and access to the back deck. Just off the kitchen is a convenient mudroom to keep things tidy, which could also be used as a breakfast nook.
There is a 1st floor bedroom and a full bath, perfect for an au pair or MIL suite or home office.
The second floor hosts the main bedroom, as well as another bedroom, both with double-door closets. There is another full bathroom, a linen closet and extra storage in the main hallway.
The third floor boasts a large landing with built-ins that could be used as a small entertainment room with loveseat and TV or second home office. There are two more bedrooms, both with large closets, and a crawl-space closet for even more storage.
The lower level is clean and dry with complete French drains and sump-pump. New windows were recently installed as well as a new boiler. There is a laundry area with newer LG washer/dryer, a bonus room perfect for tool (or wine!) storage, a deep closet, a side door in stairwell, and bilco doors leading to the backyard.
The back deck is the ideal entertainment space where you can enjoy a garden view. The detached 2-car garage is polished off with a brand new door and there’s a newly paved driveway with Belgian brick curbing offering parking space for 3 more cars.
- Side-hall Colonial located on a side street
- Taxes: 2020: $12,464
- Convenient walk to South Orange downtown & NYC train station – under 10 mins!
- Convenient walk to Grove Park – 5 mins
- Heating: Steam Radiators
- Cooling: Window-unit AC’s
- Newly painted exterior ($15,000 value)
- Newly painted interior ($10,000 value)
- Newly painted Garage interior
- Front porch – westward facing for beautiful sunsets!
- Back deck
- Detached garage with lighting and electric in good condition
- Brand-new garage door ($2,500 value)
- New windows in the basement ($1,500 value)
- Double-paned windows with tilt-in feature for easy cleaning throughout
- Brand-new boiler ($10,000 value)
- All newly restored and refinished hardwood floors ($7,500 value)
- Newly paved driveway with Belgian brick curbing ($9,500 value)
- Parking: 5 cars (2 in garage + 3 in driveway)
- Recently installed French drains (with approx. 50 year warranty) & an upgraded Hydro-Pump back-up system in case of electrical failure or power outage ($10,000 value)
- Crown molding throughout first floor
- New light fixtures in all rooms ($2,500 value)
- Laundry area in lower level with newer Samsung washer & dryer
- Well maintained and cared-for home
Location. Location. Location
The 6 Phases of the Home Buying Process
Click HERE for our 3 mins Video Series!