Unique Modern Colonial in Charming Chester
Contact Caroline Gosselin with any questions (973) 985-6117!
Scroll down for a short property video tour.
Welcome to 32 Ammerman Way in Chester, NJ!
Located in the sought-after Shadow Ridge neighborhood, just walking distance from charming downtown of Chester Borough, this unique modern-colonial home welcomes you with its light-flooded warmth. The spacious open floorplan makes it easy to feel connected, while giving everyone enough privacy in their own space.
The dramatic two-story foyer has beautiful light flooding in through the high arched windows. With gleaming hardwood floors, central air, recessed lighting, and high-end finishes – you can sense this home has been meticulously kept.
As you enter, to your right, the formal living room with lovely chair rail is surrounded by windows bringing in tons of natural light. It’s a beautiful room your guests will enjoy.
To the left of the entrance hall, the formal dining room, with beautiful wainscoting, is the perfect place to entertain, with plenty of room for get-togethers which will surely make memories.
The two-story family room, which opens to the kitchen, boasts abundant windows. This generous room showcases a stunning floor to ceiling brick fireplace. Quite the centerpiece! With lots of space for family and friends, this bright and open space will be a favorite gathering spot.
As you enter the beautifully renovated eat-in kitchen, you’ll notice the appealing granite counters, white custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances including oversized refrigerator, center island, new light fixtures and the overall brightness of the room thanks to triple windows and sliders to the back patio and garden.
The renovated laundry room with marble counter, farm sink, gray cabinets and pretty backsplash will make this chore a lot more enjoyable!
On this level is also a large, bright office/ library with custom built cabinetry offering ample space for books and display of your keepsakes. Or in today’s world - the perfect Zoom backdrop!
Head up to the second floor to relax in the primary three-room en-suite with sitting room and office and walk-in closets galore. The huge bath pampers with soaking tub, two vanities, glass shower stall and towel warmer.
There are three more light and bright spacious bedrooms on this level, all with roomy closets and treetop views. There is a convenient hall bath with double vanities.
FINISHED LOWER LEVEL
The beautifully finished lower-level impresses with loads of entertainment space. With a custom pocket door, the space can, on one side, be a modern movie theater room with high-end surround sound system, and on the other side, a separate game room with a custom-built pool table. Great versatile space!
PRIVATE IN-HOME SPA
One of kind! This is a true gem you will not see in many private homes and likely have to travel to a Ritz Carlton to experience. This home has its own lavish Wellness Oasis! Treat yourself to some “Zen time” in the private spa - complete with heated floors, a European steam sauna (with star sky and therapy lights), a large whirlpool tub and a separate, extra-large waterfall/rain shower with whole-body-experience jets.
This is your own personal spa you can luxuriate in – a unique retreat to keep you cozy during the Northeast winters or after a long day of work. Truly remarkable space! If you have a home-based wellness business, this area is a great spot to treat your clients!
The beautifully maintained lawns and flowering gardens provide serene privacy and several sitting areas, each with its unique view. The large patio, framed by a flowering dogwood tree, comes alive in the Springtime!
Sitting on the Adirondack chairs around the fire pit, you can see far over the pond and open woods with its many varieties of wildlife. Whether playing soccer and basketball in the backyard, lounging in the hammock in summer, or sledding down the slope in the winter, the garden always brings new adventures no matter the season.
Over the years it served as a canvas that that was filled with flowering bushes and perennials - something is always blossoming! Make this your personal refuge!
The community feel in the Shadow Ridge neighborhood itself is absolutely extraordinary. Residents say it is “the place to be”! Our clients have said, “From the day we moved in, we were welcomed with open arms to neighborhood playgroups and block parties on the green, women's breakfasts, Halloween parades and Christmas luminaries and caroling. While giving us the level of privacy we desired, this connected and engaging community made us feel right at home with neighbors who became friends.”
One of the best features of this home is its walking distance to the heart of charming Chester and all it has to offer - with its little cafés, ice cream parlors, English tearoom and many quaint restaurants and shops. You are also close to Grove Street Park with playgrounds and tennis courts.
Location. Location. Location
Homeowner Video Testimonial
NOTABLE RENOVATIONS & UPGRADES INCLUDED IN THE SALE
(*prices reflect value at time of purchase)
ENTERTAINMENT / GAME ROOM:
- Custom-made pool table matching built-in cabinets ($6,000)
- Denon/Sony high-end built-in audio surround sound/video system with 6 speakers by Definite Technology ($25,000)
- Built-in large Sony TV
- Luxury sauna manufactured in and imported from Germany with star sky and light therapy features ($20,000)
- Built-in floor heating
- Whirlpool for 3 people and waterfall ($5,000)
- Large modern glass shower with 3 different shower appliances (incl. multi all-body massage jets, rainforest and waterfall showers (Kohler, $15,000)
- Wall mounted towel heater ($1,500)
- Built-in illuminated glass showcase & 3 other built-in illuminated glass displays ($2,000)
- Built-in speakers in ceiling for spa music
- Kitchen granite countertops incl. island ($5,000)
- Glass- and stainless-steel covers of wall and island base
- Subzero fridge/freezer ($12,000)
- Miele dual oven with auto-master programs, double temperature probes, timer and 0C/F features for international recipes ($3,000)
- Miele built-in microwave/speed-oven combination ($1,500)
- Bosch whisper quiet dishwasher (38db) ($1,300)
- LG top of the line steam washing machine (high efficiency mega capacity 5.2cu ft, sanitizing, removes allergens, one year old) ($1,500)
- LG top of the line Truesteam sensor dryer (mega capacity 9cu ft, wrinkle/odor reduction, sanitizing, one year old) ($1,500)
- 2020 completely remodeled with granite countertop, new cabinets, subway tiles backsplash, stainless steel farmhouse sink, pull-down spray faucet ($9,000)
- Professionally designed and maintained garden with green-screen trees for privacy and decorative bushes and perennials flowering in all seasons (investment of >$50,000 over 18 years)
- This is the only property in the neighborhood with complete privacy backyard and far views
- High-end fire pit ($1,700)
- 6 Adirondack chairs and tables ($2,000)
- Weber grill ($1,200)
- Radiant Life 14 Stage Biocompatible Filtration System that also feeds water and ice maker in fridge (Eliminates 99% of pesticides and contaminants & alkalizes and re-mineralizes water for better health) ($1,700)
- New roof with warranty, 2018 ($23,000)
- New skylight windows family room, 2018
- New gutters with leaf-protection, 2018
- New front door and windows, 2017 ($2,000)
- Two new furnaces and two new AC units, 2016 ($15,000)
- New high efficiency central steam humidifier, 2019 ($1,000)
- New driveway pavement, 2020 ($5,700)
- New patio/wooden deck, 2020
- New sliding door to patio with two large glass panels that maximize natural light in kitchen, 2020 ($3,000)
- Electric remote-controlled blinds master bedroom with black-out and see-through setting ($3,000)
- 220V wiring throughout the house for European and Asian 220V appliances
- Foyer two-story chandelier
- Dining room two modern Artemide light sconces
- Bird feeding station ($650, Wild Birds Unlimited)
- Extra Large capacity freezer in storage basement
- High-capacity plant-growth light with timer in garage
- Significant 220V wiring for European and other 220V appliances
- Illumination of maple tree in front yard
- Two patio heaters
- 2 Finnish snow shovels, extra-large
- Decorative Japanese pagoda in backyard
- Metal sitting bench
- Cabinets in garage, entertainment room and storage room
90% of potential buyers search online first. That is their first “doorway” into your home. Buyers judge a house within 7-10 seconds from when they first walk in the front door. If you want your home to stand out and outshine your competition, we recommend working with our trusted partner Laura Credico from Interiors by Laura.