40 Farley Place, Short Hills
Asking Price: $506,000
B-3 Zoned Commercial / Mixed Use
(Scroll to the bottom for all zoning details)
Overview of 40 Farley Place in Short Hills
PRIME Location! Fully renovated 1600 Sq Ft commercial office/ retail space with industrial accents, plenty of versatile spaces, including meetings rooms, private offices, a loft living space on the 3rd Floor, full kitchen, full bath, large basement, a private parking lot around back for 6 vehicles.
The space would be ideal for writers or artists, accountants, financial advisors, attorneys, architects, physical training, or other professionals.
Everything in the building was rebuilt from the studs in 2013 – from roofing, plumbing, electrical, windows, doors, etc… (see extensive list of all new components below). The building could be considered a “green structure” as it consumes very low gas and electric due to the thickness of the walls, new windows and doors and high efficiency HVAC system installed.
See short video below:
Your clients will be impressed as they walk through the Craftsman style front door into the large reception area with contemporary touches - including grey-stained wood floors and a stainless steel banister. Just off this space are 2 private office suites with sliding glass doors. There is also a storage room and a handicap accessible bathroom on this floor and large windows in every room allow for much light. Just downstairs is a large open basement for all your storage needs.
Walk upstairs and you will find a large, open floor perfect for additional office space or communal space for meetings or parties. This floor also features a top of the line kitchen, a gas fireplace surrounded by a stone accent wall, and a full bath. Plans available upon request for potential 2nd bedroom or private office. These have been approved by the township. The second floor can be commercial or residential.
Third Floor Loft
Head up to the third floor and you will find an open and airy loft with delightful skylights letting in loads of natural light and overlooking the second floor. This space could be used for additional meeting or office space or even a secondary living area or apartment, as there is a closet and a full bath with a marble shower below. The ultimate live/work combination! (Please see zoning rules below)
Private Parking Lot with 6 Spots
Location. Location. Location.
Prime location close to everything, right off Morris Avenue and 1 block from the Millburn Ave intersection.
.8 Miles from Short Hills Train Station
1.3 Miles from Millburn Train Station
2.1 Miles from Summit Train Station
9.3 Miles to Newark Liberty International Airport
.6 Miles from I-78
.2 Miles from Route 24
Nearby big-box stores: The Wine Library, Bed Bath & Beyond, Chipotle, Panera, Shop Rite, Kings, 7/11, Walgreens, Dunkin Donuts. Also less than a mile away are The Short Hills Mall and The Short Hills Hilton.
Gut Renovation in 2013. Property Highlights Include:
- All windows were installed with thermally insulated, Low E panels, tilt wash style.
- All new wiring including the electrical panel was replaced.
- All plumbing down to the street supply and waste lines were replaced with copper and PVC.
- 2 new sky windows were added to the 3rd floor (Velux brand)
- All new, 3.5 “ wide oak grey-wash flooring was added.
- All new spray foam insulation, polyurethane, closed and open cell was installed throughout the structure. There is NO fiberglass insulation.
- All new lavatory fixtures and faucets from Toto were installed.
- A new, high efficiency HVAC system was installed.
- All new roofing with new sub structure was installed.
- All new front entrance brick, blue stone and railing.
- All new side entrance with pavers were installed.
- All new gutters and leaders were installed.
- All new exterior lighting was installed.
- The left side of the building, facing from the street view, is fire rated to 2 hours. The entire left side of the building 10-12 inches thick.
- All new interior stainless steel railings and wood railings were installed.
- An emergency, egress window has been installed in the basement
40 Farley Place Floor Plan
Zoning Information for 40 Farley Place
In the Millburn Township "B-3 Zone" or "Mixed Use" Zone, the first floor must be commercial NOT residential. First floor use could be: accountant, financial advisor, attorney, architect, any non-medical professional, business such as realtor, retail, sales and marketing, corporate satellite office or florist, as a few examples. The rest is open as follows:
- 2nd floor can be either commercial OR residential
- The entire building can be rented to the same tenant
- The property cannot currently be rented to separate tenants. If a buyer wanted to make the property usable by different tenants, then a fire escape would have to be added, a sprinkler system and a break between the first and 2nd floors with a fire door would need to be installed.
- No special certification is required for living and working. Property has an active Certificate of Continued Occupancy (CCO) in place.
- The addition plans for 2nd floor addition (upon request), add about 180 Sq Ft which could be used as bedroom or a private office. No special variance required, and the plan has been approved by the township. Current owner can oversee the project and the cost would be $30K all inclusive.
- Parking for this use is 2 per 1,000 Sq Ft. (There are currently 6 spots)
- Use application is narrow: no medical, restaurant, daycare, counseling or manufacturing
- The building is not required to be handicap accessible, but has a handicap accessible bathroom on the first floor.
- The 3rd floor, although clearly usable for an extra office, or bedroom is not considered anything more than storage, by the town. The same applies to the basement. It is utility or storage.