JOIN US for a VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE!
Sunday 4/5 at 1 pm
This Mid-Century Marvel designed in the “Anonymous Vernacular” Style is situated in the heart of the Newstead neighborhood and has NYC skyline views that will wow you!
There is a lot about this home that “takes you back”. The current owners spent years bringing this home back to its glory with a lot of love and work.
View the 1 min property video below, then scroll down for the detailed property description, photos, floorplan and map!
A Sophisticated Residence
This sophisticated residence blurs the lines between inside and out in a true modernist fashion. Nature is the central design element. Bask in constant sunlight with ample, large windows throughout the back which provide transparency for the landscaped gardens and paver patio. The natural light pouring in gives you that quintessential LA indoor / outdoor feel.
The home was designed and crafted with a curated palette of beautiful natural materials such as glass, cedar, mahogany, natural stone, brick and marble. Also of note are the high-end finishes and beautiful preserved millwork throughout, of which you get a sneak peek as you pull up and see the custom mahogany address post and custom side fence.
An Entertainer's Paradise
This swanky home is made for entertaining! As you walk through the custom solid mahogany front door you have direct views of the back yard through large floor to ceiling windows. The large great room, which serves as a natural gathering spot and heartbeat of this home, has clean lines, a beautiful Spark Modern gas fireplace with Montclair Danby marble surround, original mahogany panels, track rail picture hanging systems, and new custom Marvin double-pane windows.
Dining In Style
The dining room, perfect for intimate dinners among family and friends, has a preserved custom built in buffet and a breath-taking bubble chandelier evocative of the classic Sputnik style.
A Modern Kitchen
The modern kitchen has high ceilings, custom cabinetry, granite counters and stainless-steel Bosch appliances and pocket door – perfectly set up for the busy home cook!
Luxurious Master Suite
When the hustle and bustle of your day comes to an end, you can retreat to the second level, making your way up the stairs by passing under a beautiful mid-century modern Nelson ‘Cigar' bubble lamp. To your left is the large master suite, your oasis, with loads of natural light, large double custom closets and a private updated bathroom with a rain shower and beautiful stone vanity.
Light & Bright Bedrooms
There are 2 additional light and bright bedrooms, both with spacious custom closets, which share a large hall bath with large tub and shower. There is plenty of extra closet storage in the hallway with a large cedar closet and a handy linen closet.
Lower Level Rec Room / Office / Mudroom
The lower level offers plenty of additional living space. To the right is large home office or recreation room to one side, along with a handy mud-room with built in storage and a spacious laundry area. This floor also has an updated powder room.
Family Room with Built-in Bar
To the left is the large family room with a built-in bar with a unique stainless steel Formica counter and built-in 50 bottle wine fridge, a spacious media area and floor to ceiling sliders which open to the back paver patio. The patio is a truly an extension of the lower level family room in so many ways. Drifting from indoor to outdoor, your summer soirées will be the talk of the town.
Indoor - Outdoor Living at Its Finest!
The back patio leads to an expansive lawn, professional designed landscaping (Carolle Huber design) with beautiful up-lighting and terrace with a custom fountain. You can relax and clear your mind in the open air any time of year in the Sundance “Constance” hot tub with seating for 6.
The front yard offers beautiful NYC skyline views. The yard has a premium “Hip Villa” storage shed and matching “Lean-To” shed built by Pennsylvania Amish to custom specs for additional storage. Both the front and back yard have an in-ground automatic irrigation system controlled by a Rachio remote controller with weather intelligence.
The home also has a large 2-car garage with plenty of storage, a workstation and Kalwall panels that light up in the rear of the garage as well as a modern garage door, which adds to the curb appeal of this home.
Perfect Blend of Form & Function
This home offers a kind of modern you can live in - a true blend of Function and Form! This home has all the modern conveniences including Nest & Ring security cameras all along the perimeter of the home and integrated to doorbell, Nest thermostats and Smoke & CO alarms, dual-zone HVAC system, in-home wired speaker system for living room, den and outdoor speaker system for the back patio, Lutron dimmer switches throughout and wired coax cable wall plates in laundry room /office, master bedroom, guest bedroom, and family room.
There are Closet Company custom closets in all the bedrooms and mudroom as well as beautiful, sleek Sliding Door Company doors for the closets in the master bedroom.
As an added bonus, the home comes with a whole-house generator which can attach to an APC panel installed by the owners for intelligent transfer of power in case of power outage due to storms.
See full list of features below:
- The Sliding Door Company doors for closet in master bedroom.
- The Closet Company custom closets in bedrooms & mudroom.
- “Montclair Danby” marble fireplace with custom LED lighting.
- Spark Modern Fire remote controlled fire ribbon gas fireplace.
- Nest thermostats and Smoke & CO alarms.
- Smith & Noble custom window treatments (curtains).
- Dual-zone HVAC.
- Click Track Rail picture hanging system in living room.
- Built-in 50 bottle wine refrigerator in bar downstairs.
- In-home wired speaker system for living room, den, and back patio (outdoor speaker system, with patio mounted manual volume control)
- Wired coax cable wall plates in laundry room/office, master bedroom, guest bedroom, and den/TV room
- Lutron dimmer switches throughout
- Pop up attic space for storage
- Water softener
- Sump pump
- Marvin custom double pane energy efficient window (installed 2005).
- Leaf Guard gutters (no cleaning required, ever).
- Kalwall panels rear of garage.
- Professionally designed / landscaped yard (Carole Rosen of Caldwell NJ).
- Asphalt driveway, rebuilt and paved in 2016 (with Belgian block edging).
- Sundance “Constance” hot tub with seating for 6.
- Custom Mahogany address post. (John Savittieri custom design).
- Custom Mahogany fence door on right side of garage. (John Savittieri custom design)
- Custom Solid Mahogany front door with custom interlocking weather stripping system. (John Savittieri custom design) *See link below for weather stripping info:
- Clopay garage door with battery backup/electric garage door open with remote
- Premium “Hip Villa” Storage Shed and matching “Lean-To” shed (built by Pennsylvania Amish to custom specs).
- Professional LED landscape lighting throughout.
- Honda 7000W Generator with installed APC universal transfer panel - portable, gas, electric start. Plug-in generator to APC panel for intelligent transfer of power in case of power outage due to storm, etc.
- Nest & Ring security cameras all along the perimeter of the home and integrated to doorbell.
- Front and back yard in-ground automatic irrigation system with Rachio remote controller with weather intelligence (water saving $ technology).
Location. Location. Location.
About South Orange and Maplewood (SO/MA)
Welcome to the towns of South Orange and Maplewood NJ - two towns, but ONE welcoming community! Check out this community video.
Recommended Lender - Mark Yecies of Sunquest Funding
Mark Yecies co-founded SunQuest Funding in July 2002 and brings a strong and rich history of financial services experience to the table. Mark graduated Washington & Jefferson College with double degrees in Math and Sociology. As an expert in residential real estate and mortgage lending since the mid 80’s, Yecies is frequently contacted by, and quoted in, the New York Times and other print and television news outlets. As part of his commitment to being a resource for his community, he serves as Vice President for the Executives Association of New Jersey and recently sat on the YMCA board of directors.
SunQuest Funding, LLC
20 Commerce Drive
Cranford, NJ 07016