Exclusive, Exquisite and Luxurious
808 Valley Road
Asking Price: $2,500,000
** Currently Off-Market **
One of the town’s most amazing custom homes, known as “The Watchung Castle,” is all that you have been waiting for. Exclusive, Exquisite and Luxurious and built in 2003, this beautifully designed custom home rests on 5.4 acres of gorgeous property. Nothing has been overlooked, as architectural details and highest quality finishes are on display at every turn. Check out this exclusive video of the property:
Your invitation to luxury awaits as granite stone pillars flank the private entry gate. This is a fitting start to the exceptional lifestyle that lies behind these gates.
The stone walkway, across the sweeping front lawns, leads you to a 3” thick custom front door made of solid walnut. Once inside, you are immediately immersed in the magnificent foyer with grand butterfly staircase. Broad archways reveal generous rooms designed for high style entertaining and casual daily living. These are highlighted with custom Mahogany and Walnut wood, limestone, marble, soapstone and Brazilian Epay hardwood floors and there are a total of three handcrafted fireplaces which bring their own unique statement to each room.
The sophisticated dining room offers coffered ceilings, contemporary design, and a walnut built-in.
The designer kitchen is a chef's dream and a gathering spot, perfect for the holidays with the adjoining breakfast seating area featuring custom maple cabinets, honed Calcutta Gold Soprano marble counters, walk-in pantry, high-end commercial grade appliances, Sub-Zero refrigerator, 48” Dynasty range with grill, 2 dishwashers, warming drawer, microwave/convection oven, trash compactor, Franke oversized stainless sink, convenient pot filler, party sized ice maker, pull-out refrigerator drawers and a breakfast area with heated floor, seating 8-12 comfortably.
The kitchen opens to an impressive sun-drenched family room and, beyond, to a comfortable den. The modern ‘great room’ concept is truly at play here. French doors to the back patio offer seasonal views.
The library has a wall of custom Mahogany bookshelves to display your books and artifacts from travels near and far, and a separate hidden wine tasting room featuring a 20’ peaked ceiling with a copper dome.
The high standards set by the main level continue to the second level, where four bedrooms, three baths, and a home gym are located. Set to rival the amenities of a 5-Star hotel, the Master Suite features a tray ceiling lined with custom wood trim and opens to a private sitting room with fireplace and French doors to a private balcony overlooking the pool.
Two California walk-in closets provide exceptional storage. Luxury is an understatement with a master bath with honed White Thassos marble counters, two vanities, walk-in shower with white marble tile walls, circular Jacuzzi tub, polished nickel towel warmer and a private balcony with a view of the backyard. From the master bath, you access the enormous home gym that includes a sauna and steam rooms.
The family bedrooms all have ample closet storage and convenient access to the two remaining baths. The third level is finished to include an office and substantial storage capacity.
The finished lower level offers a recreation room, game room, media room, dry bar, powder room and loads of storage space.
The exquisite living space is carried to the outside, where a bluestone patio overlooks an expansive backyard bordered by light woods. The Gunite heated in-ground pool adds to the resort quality of this backyard.
There is tremendous space for al fresco dining and poolside entertaining, while the yard easily welcomes active play. For the avid gardener, five and one-half acres provide more than enough space to exercise a green thumb. The driveway extends to the side of the home, where an oversized 4-car heated attached garage with high ceilings serves as a safe haven for your luxury vehicles and garden items. There is also a private dog run in the side yard, which could alternatively be used as a private garden.
Truly a unique experience, this one-of-a-kind property invites you to take full advantage of all that Watchung has to offer while being less than 25 miles from New York City.
Click on the images below for a floor plan of each floor:
More Interior Highlights
• The square footage is 11,103, including the finished basement
• “Smart Home” system for security, sound, and HVAC (which has 7 units supporting 7 zones through out the house) with programmable Lutron lighting system & telephone intercom
• Custom solid Mahogany woodwork throughout
• Travertine limestone floor in foyer & Highest quality hardwood solid Epay floor throughout the home
• Solid Walnut 3” thick custom front door and side door with custom hardware
• Hand-carved marble and limestone details & high-end lighting fixtures throughout
• State-of-the-art Culligan water purification system & softener as well as a fresh air recovery system for the first floor and master bedroom.
• Three fireplaces, all of them enabled for gas and wood burning.
• Concealed phantom door and window screens, energy efficient Pella windows with leaded glass inserts, extra deep windowsills, and doorways
• Living room custom hand-carved oversized marble masonry, fireplace with Vermont soapstone & high-efficiency wood burning stove with gas line installed
• Dining room with custom Walnut built-in, coffered ceiling
• Library with custom Mahogany woodwork, coffered ceiling, wet bar and wood burning fireplace with hand-carved limestone masonry (with built in gas option)
• Separate wine tasting or bonus room (with hidden entrance), 20’ peaked ceiling with copper dome and plumbed for wet bar
• Media room with custom walnut built-ins and fireplace
• Luxury master suite with vaulted ceiling and custom wood beams, large double walk-in California closets, a sitting room with limestone natural gas fireplace, wet bar & balcony with view of the backyard & pool
• Private home Gym with separate sauna and steam rooms
• Bedroom suites feature built-in desks, mahogany paneling, en suite full baths with large showers, jetted tubs & towel warmers
• Conveniences include a mud/laundry room, heated slate floor, extensive basement and attic storage
• Finished lower level with a rec room, game room, bedroom/ office, powder room, dry bar, solid Epay flooring, walk-out to yard
• Total 5.4 acres of property
• Hand-cut granite & brick masonry exterior
• Slate roof with custom copper gutters & leads, exceptional brick & stone chimneys
• Whole house generator
• Security cameras
• 4-car heated garage with custom doors
• 30,000-gallon salt water in-ground heated pool
• Large dog run or protected gardening area
• Quiet secluded property set back 300 feet from Valley Road private entrance
• Stone wall with custom electronic iron gate at street entrance & custom stone mailbox
• Mature trees and shrubbery with approx. 2 acres of wooded property beyond cleared backyard and gently flowing stream
This beautiful property was featured in Sotheby's International Realty's, Extraordinary Living Blog and shared with our over 460k active subscribers across social media networks.
The sophisticated suburb of Watchung, NJ, a Somerset County town just 25 miles west from Midtown Manhattan, tends to draw young families seeking a small town feel, a slice of nature, larger homes and top rated schools. This 6.2-square-mile community sweeps across two ridges of the Watchung Mountains, wedged between NJ Route 22 and Interstate 78, offers stunning vistas, winding roads, rolling hills, babbling brooks, abundant wildlife and two lakes. Watchung takes its name from the Leni Lenape Indian word meaning ''high hills”.
Watchung's children attend the Bayberry School, covering K-4, the Valley View School for grades 5-8, before going on the Watchung Hills Regional High School in neighboring Warren Township. The school system has been recognized in a White House ceremony, sponsored by the Department of Education, as one of the nation’s Blue Ribbon schools.
Less than 25 miles from New York City, nestled outside the Watchung Reservation, this private setting has shopping, recreation, and trains to NYC only minutes away with access to either Summit or Berkeley Heights downtown. The closest major malls are the Short Hills Mall, 13 miles to the northeast, and Bridgewater Commons, 12 miles to the west. The Brook Hill Swim and Tennis Club offers tons of room and activities to provide everyone a full day of family fun. Train service to New York City’s Penn Station is 44 mins from the neighboring Summit, NJ train station.
To set up a private and exclusive showing of this property, text us at (973) 985-6117 today. You will be required to show a proof of funds and mortgage commitment prior to confirming an appointment.