Mid-Century Stunner in Summit
10 Londonderry Way
** FOR SALE **
Asking Price: $1,295,000
Resting on almost half an acre of lush greenery, this impressive, Mid-Century home combines open flow and sleek lines with the warmth and intimacy of a traditional home. The home was created by the builder for his own family in the neighborhood where he built many homes. Located in the desirable Northside neighborhood, the property backs onto the Reeves-Reed Arboretum and its 13.5 acres of natural beauty and trails of woodland forest.
Step inside where the large center hall flows into generously proportioned rooms arranged in an open, easy flow. The formal living room is bathed in sunlight, courtesy of large front and back windows, while the fireplace adds a warming touch. Access to the deck encourages everyone to step outside, where the spacious backyard is bordered by mature trees and shrubbery.
The formal dining room with custom built-ins for all your wares is adjacent to the kitchen and overlooks the sprawling front lawn. The family room offers comfortable seating and beautiful wooden built-ins to showcase your books and treasures. This room gives onto a delightful screened sun porch which provides an effortless transition to the patio and outdoor living. This cluster of rooms is perfect for entertaining and creates a wonderful social hub where everyone will naturally gather.
For the busy home cook, the efficient kitchen sparkles with custom cabinets, granite counters and a full complement of quality appliances. A side door takes you outside and windows line two walls where the breakfast area takes in the morning sun.
Down the hall to the sleeping wing, three spacious bedrooms are arranged for quiet comfort and privacy. The master suite includes French doors to the outside patio, windows overlooking the woods and a separate dressing room with skylights, walk-in closet, and a full master bath. The three family bedrooms are well served by two full baths with both private and hallway access.
Leisure space is found in the finished lower level featuring a recreation room, a guest room, full bath, mud room, access to the 2-car garage and loads of storage space.
Outdoors, a tranquil setting enhances the experience. The deck and patio provide space for dining and entertaining, while beyond the trees, parkland gives you an added sense of space.
This property is positioned to take full advantage of all Summit has to offer! Welcome home!
- Contemporary layout with an open concept entertaining area in the front and a sleeping wing in the back (one floor living at its best)
- 3 spacious bedrooms on the main floor, including oversized Master with luxurious master bath and large walk-in closet
- Finished lower level (open to ground level) with recreation room, 4th bedroom, full bath and plenty of storage with built-ins.
- Carpet, hardwood and tile flooring, recessed lights and abundant natural light found throughout
- Large center hall foyer with floor to ceiling windows overlooking front porch and large wood-burning fireplace in the formal living room overlooking large deck
- Kitchen with custom cabinets, granite counters, quality appliances, a peninsula breakfast bar, large windows above the sink and a separate breakfast area with windows on two sides and door to side BBQ patio
- Family room adjacent to kitchen with beautiful wooden custom built-ins, windows to the side yard and door to screened porch leading to stone patio and backyard.
- 2-zone forced air heating
- 2-zone central air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Storm windows and doors
- Garbage disposal
- Central Vacuum
- 3,986 Square feet (includes all finished spaces and excludes the garage, storage, and utility)
- Cedar exterior
- Large modern front porch with bluestone patio and steps leading up to it
- Paved driveway with additional parking & Belgian block curbs
- Deck and patio overlooking a private backyard
- Professionally landscaped property bordering the 13.5 acres of natural beauty and trails of the woodland forest in the Reeves-Reed arboretum
- Sprinkler System
- Located in the desirable Northside of Summit, NJ near parks, downtown, top rated schools and NYC commuter trains
- Easy access to major highways, shopping and business centers and Newark Liberty International Airport
- Built: 1954 / Updated 2015
- Lot Size: 125 x 150 (.43 Acre)
Call Caroline at (973) 985-6117 to set up an appointment to view this property.